Best blue light glasses: Here's how to choose
Table of contents
- What are blue light glasses for?
- What are the benefits of blue light glasses?
- How do I find the best blue light blocking glasses for me?
- How we selected the best blue light glasses
- Where to get blue light glasses?
- The best blue light glasses
- Who should get blue light glasses?
- How do blue light glasses work?
- Which blue light glasses suit my face shape?
Whether out of necessity or pleasure, electronic devices are our everyday life companions. Here is why, during these past few years, blue light glasses have quickly become an essential accessory for those who spend several hours looking at a digital screen.
Wondering if they are right for you and how to choose the best ones? Then read on!
What are blue light glasses for?
Blue light glasses shield your eyes from blue light and prevent eyestrain, eye fatigue and other unpleasant side effect of heavy usage of digital devices. Here is why it can be useful to wear them:
- The intake of blue light emitted by the electronic devices we commonly use everyday – especially when we do it at nighttime – can confuse our body and make it believe that it's not yet time to sleep.
- Constantly focusing on an object in the middle distance can make our eyes especially tired, all the more if we do not take breaks.
- When we stare at screens, we also tend to blink less. This prevents the eye from lubricating properly.
All of these habits can cause headaches, dry eyes, eye fatigue, or poorly restful sleep.
Would you like to know more about this issue? Find out our experts' recommendations on Digital eyestrain and Computer vision syndrome.
Blue light glasses are a simple solution that you can easily try to mitigate these discomforts.
What are the benefits of blue light glasses?
The most important advantages of blue light glasses are:
- Protection against blue light, preventing the waves of light from entering the eye
- Protection against UV rays
- Combat digital eyestrain, fatigue, headache and dry eyes.
- Improve contrast and image clarity on digital screens.
- Improve sleep quality and focus by filtering short wavelengths that delay melatonine release.
How do I find the best blue light blocking glasses for me?
When choosing your new faithful blue light glasses, there are a few important things to take into account: the fit of the frame, the quality of the lenses, and – last but not least – the aesthetic.
How we selected the best blue light glasses
- Expert views: Our opticians offered their experience and knowledge based on the latest research in Optometry, without forgetting to also pay attention to the latest fashion trends in eyewear.
- Popularity: We also took into account the popularity of many models, as well as the opinions and reviews of our customers.
- Price: Price/quality ratio is another key criterion, because we believe it is important to offer quality products for all budgets.
Where to get blue light glasses?
Lentiamo has them all! Whether you're looking for anti blue light glasses for men, women, or kids. No matter your style or your budget, we have something for you.
The best blue light glasses
Find all the best blue light glasses to suit your needs. From the ones environmentally conscious to the trendiest and the ones with special features.
The best blue light glasses for reading: Izipizi
From Paris with love. Young and playful designs, lightweight frames and good quality lenses that block 40% of blue light. Izipizi offers a collection of reading glasses in the most common prescriptions, in many colours and flattering shapes.
- Filter out 40% of blue light
- Stylish designs available in many colours
- Flexible hinges
- Not adjustable
- Available only in dioptres from 0.00 to +3.00
The best blue light glasses for fashionistas on a budget: Meller Blue Light
A limited budget does not mean sacrificing quality. This ready-to-wear computer glasses collection is urban, fresh and young. It combines quality, design, protection, as well as advanced technology for £35.90. The lenses are scratch-resistant and feature a high UV blocking filter, too.
- CR-39 lenses, scratch-resistant and anti-reflections
- Filter out 36.5% of blue light
- Fresh and young designs
- Ready-to-wear models are not available with prescription
- Not suitable for larger faces
The best blue light glasses for timeless style: Ray-Ban Everglasses
Fashionistas shouldn't pass on the beautiful Everglasses collection. The concept is simply delicious: effectively protective, effortlessly cool. The models featured in this collection are the most iconic frames that made Ray-Ban the number one in eyewear design through the decades. The lenses are scratch-resistant and equipped with UV filter.
- Ray-Ban iconic designs
- High quality materials
- 100% UVA/UVB protection
- More expensive than other brands
- Filter out 20% of blue light
- Ready-to-wear models are not available with prescription
The best blue light glasses for quality/price ratio: Lentiamo blue light glasses
Our own Lentiamo eyewear collection features high quality materials, fashionable designs as well as budget friendly prices. Designed for You by our expert optometrists in the heart of Europe and fitted with lenses featuring Blue420 technology, that blocks the harmful blue light up to up to 420 nm and 100% UV protection up to 400 nm. These state-of-the-art lenses increase visual comfort and shield from digital screens light more than the average offered by other manufacturers. With free delivery for Lentiamo Collection eyewear!
- Blue420 technology filters out about 40% of the dangerous blue light
- Timeless designs for all face shapes
- UV400 protection
- Available only in neutral colours
- Ready-to-wear models are only available in few prescriptions
The best blue light glasses for sustainability: Meller bio-based
The eco-friendly alternative to the usual eyewear. The frame is made of 45% natural materials and has been manufactured with methods that have a lower carbon footprint and are much more environmentally friendly.
- Made from sustainable and recycled materials
- Filter out 31% of blue light
- UV filter
- Available in less designs and colours
- Ready-to-wear glasses are not available with prescription
The best blue light glasses for prescription: any frame & Blue Cut customisable lenses
Sight correction + blue light protection + your favourite frame from our vast selection: the perfect match. From luxury brands to wallet-friendly colourful options, hundreds of designs are available for you. Simply choose a frame, select your prescription, and our high quality Blue Cut filter. And next? Kick back and relax! Our expert opticians will craft your new specs in our laboratories and we will deliver them to your door.
- 100% customisable lenses, with or without prescription
- Hundreds of models from the best brands
- High quality Blue Cut filter blocks 40% of blue light
- Customised glasses are shipped after approx. 7-10 working days
The lenses used by our specialists are provided by Omega Optix and are made of the best materials. These lenses are equipped with a UV400 filter and, of course, a high quality 420 blue light filter. They also feature anti-reflection and hydrophobic treatments, included in the price.
Do you have more questions about blue light glasses? Find our optometrist's answers below!
Who should get blue light glasses?
In recent years, computers, smartphones, tablets and various electronic devices with bright screens are increasingly used by people of all age groups. This is why these modern glasses are suitable and recommended for everyone, including those who don't suffer from any visual impairment. Blue light glasses without prescription are made specifically to shield your eyes from blue light, which is why they're also called computer glasses or anti-fatigue glasses.
How do blue light glasses work?
Blue light glasses have a special coating that filters out part of the light waves emitted by electronic devices. In some cases, this coating also filters out UV light. Take a look at our video below to see how blue light glasses work:
Which blue light glasses suit my face shape?
Buying spectacles online can be tricky, but it's never been this easy. Lentiamo provides you multiple tools to help you choose the perfect size, such as the measuring on-line tool and the virtual mirror.
A few tips to help you choose your glasses: oval faces can easily wear any frame, while square faces look particularly graceful in round and oval designs. Round faces, on the other hand, are perfect with more geometrical shapes. Basically, it's all about proportions and balance!
Are you looking for more fashion tips from our experts to help you find the perfect model for your face shape? Read our face shape guide and get inspired!
Best selling products
Lenjoy Monthly Day & Night (6 lenses) Recommended
Lenjoy Monthly Day & Night (3 lenses) Recommended
Lenjoy 1 Day Comfort (90 lenses) Recommended