Often overlooked, fishing sunglasses are a vital accessory to protect your eyes and enhance your overall angling experience. Not only do they protect your eyes from UV rays, they also reduce glare for improved vision and can help shield you from rogue fishing hooks, splashes and more.
Whether you’re into fly fishing in fast-moving streams or carp fishing in murky waters, fishing sunglasses can help you achieve a more accurate cast. Use them to eliminate distracting reflections and brighten shadows so you can focus on reeling in your best catch yet.
What sunglasses are best for fishing?
The best sunglasses for fishing are durable, comfortable and feature specialised lenses. Brands like Oakley have many polarised sunglasses which are a popular choice amongst newcomers and experienced anglers alike. No matter what brand you prefer, look for these key elements in a good pair of fishing sunglasses:
- Polarised lenses – Polarised sunglasses for fishing reduce glare and reflections from surfaces like water, improving visual acuity and contrast, making it easier to spot fish swimming just below the surface of the water.
- Durable materials – A comfortable and secure fit is essential, especially during extended periods of use and during wet or windy conditions.
- High UV protection – Protection from harmful ultraviolet rays is crucial for keeping your eyes safe during long days on the water. Consider mirrored lenses for fishing which reduce the amount of light that enters the eye.
What colour of polarised lenses is good for fishing?
Certain lens colours will perform better in different fishing conditions and situations. Whether you’re saltwater trolling or shoreline fishing, picking the right lens colour can make a difference. Take a look at the best lens colours for polarised fishing sunglasses below:
- Brown lenses – Brown or amber lenses are excellent for fishing in shallow water on both sunny or overcast days. They enhance contrast and improve depth perception making it easier to spot fish. These lenses reduce glare and are comfortable to wear for long periods.
- Grey lenses – Grey lenses are versatile and work well in a variety of conditions such as shade or bright sun. They reduce glare and provide true colour perception. However, this means they aren’t useful for shallow water or flats fishing as they don’t increase contrast between colours.
- Blue lenses – Blue lenses or blue mirror lenses are best for full-sun conditions. They are popular for open water fishing or anywhere with excess glare and reflections like lakes or oceans.
- Green lenses – Green lenses are ideal for fishing in freshwater or inshore saltwater. They improve colour contrast and enhance visual clarity in low-light conditions, which makes it easier to see fish beneath the surface from early morning until late in the day.
With countless styles, colours and lens combinations available, it can be challenging to find the best fishing sunglasses. Understanding the difference between polarised and mirrored lenses can also help you make the right choice. A quality pair of fishing sunglasses are an essential part of any savvy angler’s tackle box.
A clear choice for optimal vision
We have unique advantages
1 135 402 contact lenses in stock
We have more than 1 million pairs of lenses for immediate shipment.
*Free shipping for orders over £57 and all Lentiamo Collection eyewear. For orders of lower value you can use delivery services from £2.90
We are among the major resellers of contact lenses in Europe, because we have great prices for everyone.
From your first purchase you get bonus points which can be exchanged for free gifts.
365 day guarantee
Guaranteed replacement lenses if you change the prescription.
Approved by our customers
From 3622 reviews 98% are positive. Take a look at selected customer reviews.